top of page
girls bike dose
Girls Bike Dose
This week-long camp is designed specifically for young riders who identify as female including trans and cis, as well as non-binary kids.
Our inclusive, safe and fun learning space welcomes all skill levels.
Young riders will have ample opportunities to practice basic biking handling skills in order to build more comfort and confidence on and off the bike while exploring the trails on Emerald.
In addition to learning bike skills, this camp includes mindset tools integrated into our daily bike sessions and community building to foster camaraderie and community during camp.
All sessions will be led by Shannon Casson, certified professional bike coach and certified K-12 PE Health Educator (and former Steamboat resident).
• All bikes must have gears, hand brakes only (no coaster brakes) and be free of training wheels.
• No Drop-Ins are available. Participants register for the full 5 day camp.
• It is expected that all riders already know how to competently ride a bicycle.
What to Bring to Camp?
• a fun and positive attitude
• freshly tuned mountain bike in good working order with proper air in tires (NOTE: all bikes must have hand brakes (no coaster brakes allowed) and be free of training wheels
• properly fitted helmet
• bike shoes or tennis shoes (closed toe shoes only)
• backpack with water (50+ ounces)
After spending 15+ years of service in the field of education and sport, Shannon Casson is a trusted expert who sees potential in everyone and helps you realize it. Shannon has been a relentless advocate for sport and spearheaded bringing Girls on the Run (GOTR) to Northwest Colorado in 2008. She was the race director for the first ever GOTR 5k in Steamboat Springs which is still going strong today. During Shannon’s teaching tenure, she taught K-12 Physical Education and Health to thousands of students and used the bicycle as a tool for connection by spearheading all-school bike rodeos (at Soda Creek Elementary in Steamboat) and advocating for Bike & Hike To School Days.
Shannon is a professional mountain bike instructor and former Steamboat resident. Learn more about Shannon here.
bottom of page